€65000 - €120000 per year|
Graphics Processing Units (GPU's)
Photonics Engineer - Quantum Computing
Are you passionate about pushing the boundaries of photonic quantum computing? Join a pioneering team at the forefront of this rapidly evolving field! We are seeking a Photonics Engineer to join our new subsidiary in Ulm, Germany, where you'll be instrumental in advancing the next generation of photonic quantum computers.
What will you be doing? As a photonics engineer, you'll collaborate with our engineering team to develop cutting-edge photonic quantum computing technologies as part of DLR's Quantum Computing Initiative. Your responsibilities will include developing and demonstrating quantum light sources, conducting numerical and theoretical electromagnetic simulations, setting up experiments, characterizing chips, analyzing data, and testing systems. You'll work alongside a talented team of photonic device designers and quantum computing architects.
- Building optical setups for device characterization and system validation.
- Conducting numerical and theoretical electromagnetic calculations.
- Validating new photonics devices in lab environments.
- Performing device characterization and data analysis.
- Contributing to and managing internal and EU projects.
- Keeping abreast of the latest scientific and engineering advancements in photonics and quantum optics.
- Collaborating with multidisciplinary teams including electrical engineers and quantum physicists.
- Presenting results at conferences and internal meetings.
- PhD in Physics, Electrical Engineering, or relevant discipline.
- Technical expertise in integrated photonics or quantum optics.
- Hands-on experience with optical setups, device characterization, and data analysis.
- Strong background in quantum light sources or nonlinear optics preferred.
- Proficiency in Lumerical/Comsol for device simulations.
- Knowledge of component designing, such as microrings, MZI, lasers, etc.
- Familiarity with foundry services is advantageous.
- Proactive, innovative, and independent work style.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
- Proficiency in English; German language skills are a plus.
What to expect from us: Joining our team means contributing directly to shaping the future of quantum computing. You'll work on challenging projects in a dynamic and innovative environment. We offer ample opportunities for growth, a supportive team culture, and a vibrant workplace in Ulm, Germany. Flexible work arrangements and a strong emphasis on work-life balance are part of our ethos.
Employment conditions: This is a full-time position with a competitive salary commensurate with experience and education. We offer comprehensive benefits, including educational opportunities, generous vacation days, a fully paid pension, and an attractive startup compensation package. Equity plan participation is available after the first year.
Ready to be part of our journey towards a quantum future? Join us in shaping tomorrow's technology today! For more information and to apply, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Darwin Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.Samuel Hegarty
SUBMIT YOUR CV
SWISS TECH SALARY BENCHMARKS.
Are you looking for a new role? Would you like to compare your current salary against the market rate?
Maybe you’re looking to grow your team and need help planning and setting hiring budgets.
Our interactive market update, split by technology, has all the information you need; from salary benchmarks, gender split and average tenure to 'time to hire' and fastest-growing skills.