Freelance – Medical Director.
Freelance – Medical Director
City of London|
Job Summary: The Medical Director at serves as a key strategic leader in clinical research and plays a critical role in the successful execution of clinical trials. This position requires a strong medical and scientific background, exceptional communication skills, and the ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams, clients, and regulatory authorities. The Medical Director will provide medical expertise, oversight, and guidance throughout the clinical trial lifecycle, ensuring the highest standards of safety, ethics, and scientific rigor.
Clinical Trial Oversight: Provide medical oversight for clinical trials, including study design, protocol development, investigator selection, and ongoing clinical operations.
Regulatory Compliance: Ensure compliance with global regulatory standards, guidelines, and ethical principles in all clinical trial activities.
Safety Monitoring: Establish and oversee safety monitoring processes, manage adverse event reporting, and develop risk management strategies to ensure patient safety.
Medical Monitoring: Serve as the primary medical contact for clients, investigators, and internal teams, addressing medical and scientific inquiries and providing guidance on complex medical issues.
Study Documentation: Review and approve clinical study documents, including clinical trial protocols, informed consent forms, and medical monitoring plans.
Data Analysis: Collaborate with data management and biostatistics teams to analyze and interpret clinical trial data, ensuring high-quality and meaningful results.
KOL Engagement: Foster relationships with Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs) and thought leaders in relevant therapeutic areas to stay current on medical and scientific advancements.
Publication Strategy: Contribute to the development of publication strategies and support the preparation of scientific publications, abstracts, and presentations.
Cross-functional Collaboration: Work closely with project managers, clinical operations, regulatory affairs, and other functional teams to ensure the successful execution of clinical trials.
Continuous Improvement: Stay abreast of industry trends, best practices, and emerging technologies to enhance the quality and efficiency of clinical research processes.
- Medical Doctor (M.D.) or equivalent degree with relevant clinical research experience.
- Board certification or eligibility in a medical specialty is preferred.
- Proven experience in clinical research and drug development within a CRO, pharmaceutical, or biotechnology company.
- Strong understanding of global regulatory requirements and clinical trial conduct.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional problem-solving and critical-thinking abilities.
- Strong leadership and project management skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative, cross-functional team environment.
- Willingness to travel as required.
- Competitive salary and benefits package.
- Opportunities for professional development and advancement.
- A supportive and collaborative work environment.
- The chance to make a meaningful impact on the advancement of healthcare and medical research.
If interested please send an updated CV to Wesley.Cann@darwinrecruitment.com
Darwin Recruitment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.Wesley Cann
SUBMIT YOUR CV
SIMILAR JOBS IN Medical Affairs.
Head of Medical and Regulatory Affairs
Are you a pharmaceutical maverick ready to shape the future of healthcare? A Leading distributor of pharmaceutical products in Switzerland,...
Freelance - Medical Director
City of London
Job Summary: The Medical Director at serves as a key strategic leader in clinical research and plays a critical role...
Medical Science Liaison (MSL)
Join a Pioneering Pharmaceutical Company and Make a Life-Saving Impact! - Apply Now! Title: Medical Science Liaison (MSL) Reporting To:...
SWISS TECH SALARY BENCHMARKS.
Are you looking for a new role? Would you like to compare your current salary against the market rate?
Maybe you’re looking to grow your team and need help planning and setting hiring budgets.
Our interactive market update, split by technology, has all the information you need; from salary benchmarks, gender split and average tenure to 'time to hire' and fastest-growing skills.