€75000 - €95000 per annum|
(Senior) Data Scientist (m/f/x)
My client believes every person should have the opportunity to live a healthy and productive life. We have one goal: to simplify manufacturing and speed up drug delivery to the patient.
We are in the midst of an incredible journey. Our technology scales with the pharmaceutical R&D process: from discovery to product testing and clinical trials, and finally to GMP-grade production in the form of an end-to-end integrated production platform.
We are looking for passionate individuals that share our mindset of curiosity and commitment to add their knowledge to the team. Do you want to be part of our journey? Then please keep reading!
About this job
As part of a newly forming, dedicated data team within a life science company revolutionizing the protein production landscape, we are looking for a (Senior) Data Scientist to support our endeavor to drive innovation in continuously improving our cell-free platform.
Within this position...
* you work as part of a dedicated data team in a flat organizational structure and support multiple multidisciplinary teams and projects consisting of different groups of scientists, engineers and lab specialists involved in development and manufacturing the cell-free system
* Your daily work includes data preparation, -analysis, -interpretation, -organization, -visualization, -presentation and -reporting within challenging projects on a variety of research questions
* Your expertise and input will be applied across teams for improvement of all aspects of LenioBio's cell-free protein expression system ALiCE, including system innovation and relevant manufacturing processes such as cell culture, production, protein expression optimization and downstream processing
* You actively seek the latest state-of-the-art technologies and applications in your field of expertise and proactively engage in innovation and strategy trajectories in how data and data science are leveraged across disciplines at LenioBio
* You have the option to collaborate with experts across diverse scientific and non-scientific disciplines
We are looking for people that want to bring in their best, learn from the best, and create the best. That does not mean you scored 180 on an IQ test. It means that you are an expert in your craft because you love what you do, you know you can become even better, and you are constantly looking for the boundary of the possible.
This job will suit you best if you...
* have a PhD or MSc degree in data science, a quantitative biology discipline, bioinformatics, or a similar relevant field, with 3+ years of working experience in a CRO or industrial environment
* have domain knowledge from the life science, biotech, and/or biopharma field and have demonstrated successful application of data science in this area
* have experience in descriptive and predictive analysis of dynamic biological systems, data visualization, and (multivariate) statistics
* are proficient in effectively accessing, cleaning, manipulating, joining, and processing data from multiple sources, including time-series data
* have experience in setting up pipeline-, data- and workflow management
* are proficient in using machine learning frameworks and algorithms
* have experience with programming languages, e.g. python, and version control systems, e.g. git
* have experience with active learning techniques for experiment design (considered a plus), have experience with ML/DL in the context of protein structure and property prediction (considered a plus), have experience with clinical study design and data analysis (considered a plus)
* have a hands-on attitude and are not afraid to build things from scratch
* are a team player with proactive, self-motivated attitude, work in a result-oriented way, and can work with professionals of varying expertise backgrounds
* have interest in and capacity to keep learning new things and engage in new challenges
* enjoy being in frequent contact with different stakeholders, and have excellent communication and reporting skills in English as well as the ability to translate complex matters into relevant insights
What we offer
* full-time, permanent position located in Aachen
* opportunity to join an international, innovative, and fast-growing biotech company, with excellent career development opportunities, where you can develop yourself professionally and have a real impact in the company from day one
* competitive salary
* high level of freedom and responsibility
* a great diverse and international team of dedicated, open-minded colleagues
Who we are
A biotech company that develops and markets a novel and proprietary protein production platform, which enables protein-based therapeutics to become more accessible and affordable. LenioBio was founded in 2016 in Germany to broadly commercialize the platform, originally developed by DowDuPont and the Fraunhofer Institute IME.
All our activities are driven by our core values. Bring them to life with us!
* Fearless in our commitment
* Respect is in our DNA
* Only united can we excel
* Simply caring for the better
* Driven to learn, grow and progressDarwin Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
SUBMIT YOUR CV
SIMILAR JOBS IN Data Analytics.
Business Analyst (Senior profile)
Apply Now Business ANALYST (Senior profile) Our client from the finance environment in Zurich is looking for an English-and German-...
Advanced Analytics - New Data Solutions
Apply Now Fundierte Kenntnisse in analytischen Methoden, Data Mining, Natural Language Processing, Machine Learning, Neuronale Netze oder Deep Learning Sie...
Apply Now We are looking for a Digital Analyst (BI, CX, Google or Adobe) to join one of our international...
USE OUR ONLINE PLATFORM TO ACCESS ALL THE INSIGHTS THAT YOU NEED...
• Salaries; split by technology and seniority level.
• Time to hire; how long it takes to secure and start a new role, or source and hire talent.
• The average tenure of professionals per tech specialism.
• Gender split per location and tech specialism.
• Fastest growing skills per tech specialism.