Data Scientist (Gaming Company).
Data Scientist (Gaming Company)
kr45000 - kr65000 per month|
Darwin Recruitment are currently hiring for a Data Scientist on behalf of a video game developer in Stockholm that was founded in 2003, but acquired by another business in 2016. This game developer is behind the world- famous Candy Crush franchise, as well as mobile game hits including Farm Heroes, Bubble Witch and Pet Rescue. Candy Crush is the top- grossing franchise in US app stores, a position it has held for the last two years, and this companies games are being played by 255 million monthly active users as of Q2 2021. They also employ nearly 2,000 people in game studios in Stockholm, Malmö, London, Barcelona and Berlin, and offices in San Francisco, New York, and Malta.
Skills to create thrills
You have a passion for quantitative analysis and the ability to draw business insights that will add real value to the business. You will need to demonstrate the ability to learn quickly and work in a fast paced and collaborative environment whilst communicating effectively with teams and individuals across the company - such as Game Developers, Business Performance Managers and Marketeers.
While they certainly don't expect you to have all of these skills from day one, they do expect you to learn and develop in each of the following five areas:
- Business Insight: The ability to deeply understand the problems and issues their games and business wants to solve and therefore define for yourself the right data or analysis or interpretation to lead to the right recommendations and decisions
- SQL: The ability to write complex SQL queries to analyse their databases with 300+ million players, and work effectively with both Hive and relational database systems.
- Analytical coding: Using tools such as R, Python (and also Excel) for analytical purposes
- Stats: Understanding the appropriate statistical or machine learning techniques to use in different circumstances.
- Communication: Designing good ways of communicating, visualising or reporting your results/analysis so they are clear and unambiguous
There is plenty of scope for you to learn from your colleagues in those areas where you have less experience, and to share your own skills where you are stronger. They have several Data Science openings and are open for candidates with different experience levels.
Specific experience that might be helpful, but is not required, include: experience in the games industry or similarly sophisticated customer- facing digital businesses; experience in "big data" systems such as Hadoop, Hive; experience in behavioural psychology/economics; robust understanding of more advanced statistical techniques suitable for analysis of highly skewed populations; experience in predictive analytics, segmentation, and related areas; experience in experimental design; software engineering skills in Java and other languages (beyond R, Python which we use most frequently); skills with standard reporting tools such as QlikView/Tableau/etc.
- Identify potential business opportunities within your area and scope/design approaches to capture those opportunities
- Translate business needs to technical requirements and AB- tests, and work with development teams to ensure correct implementation, specifically including correctly tracking the right information to allow easy, precise analysis of the impact
- Develop an analysis strategy and perform analysis of complex scenarios and AB- tests, both systematically and on a one- off basis.
- Carefully check, debug, and problem solve issues to ensure you deliver accurate and clear analysis and reports, quickly, even when confronted by subtle data complications
- Provide an analytics perspective to discussions and prioritisation within your team, so that the overall team selects the right ideas to work on
- Be the pro- active owner of the entire data chain for your game(s)
Darwin Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
SUBMIT YOUR CV
SIMILAR JOBS IN Data Science.
Data Scientist (Gaming Company)
Darwin Recruitment are currently hiring for a Data Scientist on behalf of a video game developer in Stockholm that was...
Data Scientist (Consultancy)
Darwin Recruitment are currently hiring on behalf of a successful consultancy in Stockholm who was founded in 2014 and currently...
ML Engineer needed to fight cancer
This is an opportunity to help fight the battle against Cancer. We all know Cancer. Some of us unfortunately more...
USE OUR ONLINE PLATFORM TO ACCESS ALL THE INSIGHTS THAT YOU NEED...
• Salaries; split by technology and seniority level.
• Time to hire; how long it takes to secure and start a new role, or source and hire talent.
• The average tenure of professionals per tech specialism.
• Gender split per location and tech specialism.
• Fastest growing skills per tech specialism.