CHF125000 - CHF145000 per annum|
We are currently looking for a Software Engineering Manager in our technology team. You will be the manager responsible, along with your team, to build, deliver and maintain our Enterprise Core Systems that support Sales and Production, in Zürich.
As we are building up engineering organization, your role will include collaborating with our business line to understand the requirements and the implications within the systems that you are going to manage. You will participate in the creation of proof-of-concepts and you will be often working hands-on with local and remote development teams to kick start projects and coach team members.
This role includes some amount of hands-on activities and you will be often implementing solutions or coaching the team. You play a crucial role in balancing the importance of quality, normally promoted by the architects, with the importance of delivering a working system that fulfil the business needs. Your colleagues are part of multiple agile development teams in Zurich and you will often interact with other development teams around the world.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related Engineering discipline
- Experience working across the full stack in large and complex enterprise systems
- You have a passion for resilient technology and practical design
- 5+ years working in software development of complex business critical industry solutions
- The ability to lead & motivate developers while at the same time being an expert coder
- Lead, coach and mentor your reporting team members
- Some limited travel might be part of your duties
- Identifying their strengths, working around their weaknesses
- You have excellent communication skills - not just spoken but also written
- You are a team player - who is part of a successful cross-functional team
- You enjoy coaching and mentoring team members
- You are sensitive to cultural differences in globally spread teams
- Have strong attention to detail and excellent problem-solving skills
- At least 3 year of experience as a Team Leader or in similar manager role with a team of at least 4 people
- Passion about management, leadership and technology at the same time
- Discounted passes to local destinations and tourist hot spots such as Mt. Titlis or Kunsthaus Zurich.
- Full reimbursement of the SBB 'halb-tax' travel card, covering country-wide public transportation.
- Free membership for our newly built gym or get involved with our variety of sports teams.
- Seasonal and monthly office events including holiday parties, ski trips, and pay-day happy hours.
- Discounts on a wide range of local restaurants, shops, hotel stays and products.
- 15% off in-house childcare service (more info. available).
- Option to work in the office full-time, hybrid, or consideration for additional flexibility.
- Relocation support, if applicable
- Diverse and inclusive workplace
- Collaboration on choice of technology
- One flight home per year
If this sounds good, then we would love to hear from you!
Darwin Recruitment AG is a Zurich based, SECO licensed, privately owned subsidiary of Darwin Professional Staffing Group Ltd (a Global IT Recruitment Consultancy).
Darwin Recruitment AG manages client relationships whilst also utilising Darwin Professional Staffing Group databases and networks to source Candidates and fulfil client requests.
We do not ask for a placement fee from Candidates/Employees.
If you wish to contact a specialist regarding this role, or your job search in general, please contact +41 (0)43 456 29 09
Apply NowGabriella Dymott
SUBMIT YOUR CV
Senior FrontEnd Developer
Apply Now We're looking for a talented Senior Software Engineer to work for a successful and growing Software Partnership business.They...
Apply Now My client are a large ecommerce platform. One of their teams are looking to add a Senior web...
Fullstack Developer (React/Java)
Apply Now The team and product I am representing are setting the standard in Germany for user-friendliness and customer benefits....
USE OUR ONLINE PLATFORM TO ACCESS ALL THE INSIGHTS THAT YOU NEED...
• Salaries; split by technology and seniority level.
• Time to hire; how long it takes to secure and start a new role, or source and hire talent.
• The average tenure of professionals per tech specialism.
• Gender split per location and tech specialism.
• Fastest growing skills per tech specialism.