Head of Engineering Platform.
Head of Engineering Platform
€80000 - €120000 per annum|
- Total ownership of the existing infrastructure and the revision, improvement and modernisation of the required future infrastructure
- Lead the company through migration from on-premise infrastructure to the Azure Cloud
- Drive automation where possible and contribute to improved reliability of a major web and mobile application product
- Lead a department of 5 people as they grow this year and beyond means, hiring, coaching and defining your Engineering Platform departments strategy
- Hybrid Conditions' means 90% remote requiring 2-4 days per month of office-based work for team meetings
- This is a Permanent Employee role for a 40 hour work week with flexible hours English is the primary working language
What is your purpose in this role?
Defining the strategy for your department from the company objectives is an example of how your leadership contributes to the bigger picture. From there, your ability to get hands-on when required will enable you to coach your team. Finally, growing the team and hiring sits firmly within your scope.
One of the technical objectives you will lead is migrating the infrastructure from on-premise to Azure cloud. The decision has already been made to commit to Azure, so it would be great if we can find people already familiar with Azure infrastructure. Another technical objective is to increase automation.
Who are we searching for?
- We think the right person will have at least 2 years of leadership responsibilities in some capacity
- To have the credibility to set a strategy and make important technical decisions, we think the right person may have spent at least 5 years in a DevOps / Cloud Engineer or similar role prior to stepping into a leadership position
- Specific know-how in Azure cloud platforms
- It may be beneficial to have previously worked for an eCommerce or travel/tourism business, but this is not essential
Darwin Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
SUBMIT YOUR CV
SIMILAR JOBS IN Infrastructure.
Platform Engineer Fintech
Do you value making a difference and always finding new ways to do your work? Do you get excited when...
Cloud Integration Specialist (m/w/d)
Für unseren Kunden suchen wir aktuell einen Cloud Integration Specialist (m/w/d) in München. Deine Aufgaben: Du verantwortest und begleitest Integrationsprojekte...
Head of Engineering Platform
Total ownership of the existing infrastructure and the revision, improvement and modernisation of the required future infrastructure Lead the company...
USE OUR ONLINE PLATFORM TO ACCESS ALL THE INSIGHTS THAT YOU NEED...
• Salaries; split by technology and seniority level.
• Time to hire; how long it takes to secure and start a new role, or source and hire talent.
• The average tenure of professionals per tech specialism.
• Gender split per location and tech specialism.
• Fastest growing skills per tech specialism.