WE SPECIALISE IN FINDING FANTASTIC OPPORTUNITIES
FOR DIGITAL AND DATA SPECIALISTS WITH THE MOST INNOVATIVE BUSINESS ACROSS EUROPE AND THE USA.
about 1 month ago
Financial (Project) Accountant- London or Remote from UK
I am currently supporting our big client from the finance environment located in UK. We are looking for an experienced Financial Accountant or Project Accountant. The ideal candidate would be a person with a similar previous experience and fluent English.
- Start date: 01.01.2022 or negotiable
- Duration: 6 months with very high extension opportunity
- Work amount: 100%
- Note to the daily rate: inside IR 35
- Daily rate: very competitive (to be discussed)
About the role:
Our client is implementing a new system and process environment to support financial close for all business units. The Investment Squad is driving the development and implementation of the new end-to-end processes and systems for integrated economic and traditional financial reporting, from source to sub-ledger and general ledger, using the innovative "Baseline Delta" approach. The FPSL product, developed jointly with SAP, is the key component of the architecture. In the current phase of the project, the focus is on the implementation and rollout of IFRS for local jurisdictions and other accounting assessments. This will be followed by the implementation of group IFRS for all legal entities of the client.
- Perform accounting analysis of actual and target requirements for sub-ledger accounting.
- Perform analysis and documentation of accounting processes.
- Prepare technical specifications for required accounting functions and support configuration in FPSL.
- Effectively communicate requirements to application developer for integration development.
- Perform functional testing on all requirements to ensure they are implemented properly.
- Perform root cause analysis for identified defects and resolve accordingly.
- Practical understanding and experience in financial analysis and reporting (e.g. quarterly and annual reports).
- Expertise in IFRS 7/9 as well as other local accounting assessments.
- Experience with expected credit losses, hedge accounting, netting on balance sheet.
- Experience with accounting for foreign currency transactions, including parallel accounting in multiple countries.
- Detailed experience with SAP FPSL/Bank Analyzer would be a real plus.
- Proactive, self-starter and able to prioritize and drive tasks to completion.
Darwin Recruitment AG is a Zurich based, SECO licensed, privately owned subsidiary of Darwin Professional Staffing Group Ltd (a Global IT Recruitment Consultancy).
Darwin Recruitment AG manages client relationships whilst also utilising Darwin Professional Staffing Group databases and networks to source Candidates and fulfil client requests.
We do not ask for a placement fee from Candidates/Employees.