Sharepoint Migration Support.
Sharepoint Migration Support
SharePoint Migration Support
Our client has implemented a cloud-first strategy that includes moving solutions and data from on-site hosted data centres to the Microsoft 365 platforms by the end of 2022.
Employee Workplace has a must-win goal of having migrated 80% of the existing SharePoint content to SharePoint Online by the end of 2022 (currently at approx. 20%).
For this migration we wish to engage with a vendor who can provide the skills and resources to temporarily augment our existing internal team to enable us to achieve this goal and meet the demand of our users.
Content is migrated from SharePoint 2016 on-premises into SharePoint Online following an automated, IT-driven migration strategy to provide the best experience for our users. The main responsibility will be to define and schedule migration batches, and then reviewing and fixing any pre- and post-migration issues / problems.
· Start Date: ASAP
· Duration: Until 31/12/2022
· Extension: Possible, approval needed
· Location: Zurich and Remote
· Workload: 100%
Tasks and activities:
To support the SharePoint migration and ensure achievement of our goals, we seek the support of a vendor with the needed skills and understanding in carrying out the following activities:
· Define and schedule migration batches.
· Monitor and check site and content migrations.
· Work / operate the migration tools (Metalogix Content Matrix, SharePoint Migration Tool, PowerShell scripts) together with existing codebase to execute migrations.
· Resolve defects that occur as a result of the migration process (3rd level support).
· Review and perform manual migrations of sites and content as needed.
· Work directly with users to ensure their requirements are met for migration.
· Customer interaction, migration consulting.
· Host customer-facing sessions to drive our migration forward (such as Q&A sessions).
· In order to carry out these activities, the following skills are required:
· Experience with previous SharePoint migration projects or tools (Metalogix Content Ma-trix, SharePoint Migration Tool, ShareGate, AvePoint) is highly preferred.
· Must have some experience working directly with customers - i.e. handling support tick-ets, understanding customer requirements, and triaging / resolving issues.
· Minimum of 3 years SharePoint engineering or administration experience. Candidate must be familiar and demonstrate an understanding of how to manage SharePoint sites, content, permissions, as well as how they operate at a technical level.
· PowerShell experience preferred (executing & writing scripts).
· Experience with Microsoft 365 products, apps, and services is a plus, specifically Share- Point Online.
· Experience in working with Agile Scrum is a plus.
Darwin Recruitment AG is a Zurich based, SECO licensed, privately owned subsidiary of Darwin Professional Staffing Group Ltd (a Global IT Recruitment Consultancy).
Darwin Recruitment AG manages client relationships whilst also utilising Darwin Professional Staffing Group databases and networks to source Candidates and fulfil client requests.
We do not ask for a placement fee from Candidates/Employees.
If you wish to contact a specialist regarding this role, or your job search in general, please contact +41 (0)43 456 29 09
SUBMIT YOUR CV
SIMILAR JOBS IN Cloud Architecture.
Darwin Recruitment are currently recruiting for a Devops Engineer for a company based in Stockholm that is Sweden's largest web...
Cloud Security Architect
Our client focuses on cybersecurity steering, threat & vulnerability management and response. We translate key risks, business requirements and applicable...
Cloud Architect / Berater (m/w/d)
Für unseren Kunden aus Frankfurt am Main suchen wir eine(n) erfahrenen Cloud Architekten. Aufgaben: * Automatische Bereitstellung von Amazon Machine...
USE OUR ONLINE PLATFORM TO ACCESS ALL THE INSIGHTS THAT YOU NEED...
• Salaries; split by technology and seniority level.
• Time to hire; how long it takes to secure and start a new role, or source and hire talent.
• The average tenure of professionals per tech specialism.
• Gender split per location and tech specialism.
• Fastest growing skills per tech specialism.