WE SPECIALISE IN FINDING FANTASTIC OPPORTUNITIES
FOR DIGITAL AND DATA SPECIALISTS WITH THE MOST INNOVATIVE BUSINESS ACROSS EUROPE AND THE USA.
about 2 months ago
Sr. System Engineer- Solution Architect
I am currently supporting our big client from the finance environment located in Zurich. We are looking for a Sr. System Engineer to support us for the next 6 months with internalization. The ideal candidate would be a person with a similar previous experience and fluent English.
- Start date: negotiable (at least 01.04.2022)
- Duration: 6 months with takeover in a permanent position
- Work amount: 100%
- Work location: Zurich- mix between onsite and offsite
About the role and the team:
- The '(Transactional) Enterprise Document Management' (EDM) team delivers company-wide solutions offering according core DMS/CMS capabilities and platforms in the area of (integrated & automated) document processing, storing and management.
- In this position, you will design, develop and engineer required functionalities and capabilities to meet clients' requirements, and help shape the future landscape and new desired target architecture for the Public Cloud. Current solution is based on OpenText Documentum and Adlib Elevate with an internally developed lean integration layer on top of Documentum.
- We are set up in agile teams and work with latest Cloud (mostly MS Azure) and vendor technologies. If you cover both, technical detail, and architecture & solution design you are the right person for us!
- As an engineer in the EDM Squad you will be responsible for further developing the document management platform with all its facets and processes (induction, document generation, renditions, retention, storing, and so on), for engineering required products and services to above scope, and for keeping the existing solutions fit for the future.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- You will design, develop, and support scalable and maintainable high-performance, (platform) solutions for document management, that easily can be used by, integrated with, and leveraged in business solutions.
- Understand key ECM functionalities such as OCR, document processing/transformation, renditioning and document generation.
- Support the migration of platform solutions and applications into the Public Cloud.
- Provide well-founded consultancy to clients for implementing integrated solutions based on use of modern content management interfaces and APIs
- Utilize your technical and consulting skills, your business knowledge, and expertise to effectively design and communicate ECM content management solutions that achieve client-expected business results
- Minimum of five years of experience on a market-leading document management system; experience with OpenText Documentum is a plus
- Expertise in transactional content/document management and in enterprise platform management (incl. a deep understanding of underlying components like Network and Operating Systems/OS, Linux is a plus)
- Experience in designing and architecting (platform) solutions (at least a handful of successful deliveries/solutions where you have been the architect and mastermind)
- In-depth understanding of document management concepts and approaches, of information life cycle (ILM), archiving, retention handling, and of document renditions and formats
- Proficient with n-tier enterprise solutions architecture and Cloud-based solutions (Microsoft Azure a plus)
- Programming and scripting skills & knowledge (especially knowledge in/good understanding of Java or another object oriented programming language, experience in Shell, PowerShell, Perl or Python, or like is much appreciated)
- Good understanding of databases/DBMS and skilled in query analysis & optimisation, experienced in SQL, with AppServers (JBoss/Wildfly, Tomcat, Liberty, …), Docker and servers
- Platform security (PKI, Kerberos/OAuth2, encryption, proxy and fire wall, file system security), monitoring and alerting
- English is a must
Darwin Recruitment AG is a Zurich based, SECO licensed, privately owned subsidiary of Darwin Professional Staffing Group Ltd (a Global IT Recruitment Consultancy).
Darwin Recruitment AG manages client relationships whilst also utilising Darwin Professional Staffing Group databases and networks to source Candidates and fulfil client requests.
We do not ask for a placement fee from Candidates/Employees.