WE SPECIALISE IN FINDING FANTASTIC OPPORTUNITIES
FOR DIGITAL AND DATA SPECIALISTS WITH THE MOST INNOVATIVE BUSINESS ACROSS EUROPE AND THE USA.
Swiss Franc75 - Swiss Franc100 per hour
about 2 months ago
Support Engineer / Manufacturing Plants / 20% travelling / 24 Month Contract
I'm currently supporting a leading Manufacturing organisation in Switzerland who are looking to hire a Technical Support Engineer for their Manufacturing Plants.
This position is located in St Gallen, Switzerland and we are looking for someone free to travel globally up to 20% each month.
We are looking to bring someone in as an external/contractor for a period of 24 months.
Education and Training:
- Technical Education as technician: mechatronic, equipment maintenance, equipment production
- Preferentially bachelor degree as mechanical, electrical or industrial engineer (engineer machine design)
- 3-5 years of professional experience in maintenance of global production machines/lines as service engineer or similar function, experience with complex production processes desired.
Additional Knowledge / Requirements:
- Strong analytic and conceptual skills, solution focused and strong methodical style of working, talent in organization, strong team player and communicator, project management, MS Office, SAP Knowledge, proficiency in English language (level >B2) with routine in presentation and moderation techniques.
More information / Technical 2nd level Support:
- Answers requests of the sites (ticket system), provides support via telephone, remote access and possibly at customer site.
- Solves problems and issues by applying SPS (systematic problem solving) and other six sigma tools (willingness to learn and use these methods on daily basis).
- Conducts troubleshooting support.
- Documents his/her activities within tickets respectively in specific reports
- Makes problem solutions available (e.g. as FAQ or "what if" documentation - OCAP, Out of Control Action Plan) and supports the integration of this documentation into operation and maintenance manuals.
- Participates and contributes in the start-up and acceptance testing of technology solutions, machines or machine updates supplied by Technology or by external suppliers.
Works in the Support team within the lifecycle department of the Technology division (PP-T).
2. Project Coordination
Act as a project leader for category C projects or in the responsibility for work packages in category A or B projects. The categories based on the project management SOP of Technology.
Ensures that activities for the particular worldwide equipment support for production machines/lines are manageable by him or within the support team. Is responsible for the whole process of the 2nd level support for the particular case. Is responsible for the coordination of the interface of required supporting units (e.g. Competence Center, plants) or suppliers for the particular case. Has a technical knowledge of the installed machine base within the worldwide machine network.
Supports strategic initiatives and projects in order to increase efficiency and maintenance of the worldwide machine park. Supports the Analyzation the business processes of support as well as the related system infrastructure, coordinates and supports change projects, monitors their implementation. Supports new internal processes in the form of SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures), workflows, templates.
5. Continuous Improvement
Identify potential improvements regarding the internal processes and procedures and, after consultation with colleagues and superiors, actively supports and drives these.
6. Regulations and Guidelines
Ensures compliance with cGxP guidelines.
Interested? Looking forward to your application!
Darwin Recruitment AG is a Zurich based, SECO licensed, privately owned subsidiary of Darwin Professional Staffing Group Ltd (a Global IT Recruitment Consultancy).
Darwin Recruitment AG manages client relationships whilst also utilising Darwin Professional Staffing Group databases and networks to source Candidates and fulfil client requests.
We do not ask for a placement fee from Candidates/Employees.